Saturday, July 21, 2012

Slimmin' Down Sunday


I know last week I talked about a couple of normal habits I've changed and thought I'd add in on last week’s post. 
       Last year I tried to lose weight, as a new year’s resolution (like every other American ha). I joined a new gym that had classes that I'd get involved with and joined Weight Watchers. I think that lasted a grand total of 3 months and lost maybe 10 pounds. 

         One of the things that I'm trying to do differently this time around, is creating accountability for me in different ways. 
  • I have my "primary accountability partner" that I try to work out with at least once a week (swim laps, run in her neighborhood or at a park). 
  • I have my My Fitness Pal buddies, where we can see each other's activity.
  • I write about it on here (would've never guess that one, huh?). For me, knowing that others know and/or are watching makes me want to keep going harder and not fall back into old ways.
  • I try to take advantage of social media. There are so many other people that use social media to share ideas, tips, and to encourage others who have similar goals.
Some other miscellaneous things that I do to keep me on track:
  • Making working out a priority. I plan my days out. Everyone has their normal obligations. Work. School. Church. Friends. Family. etc. But we make time for things that we want to do. If my favorite show comes on at 8:00 on Tuesday nights, you know I'll make it home in front of my TV by 7:55. So at the beginning of every week I find times to do put in my work out and if it's right after work, that just means I have to pack my gym bag the night before and keep it in my car. If there's a will there's a way. 
  • Working out: I hate running. But I admire people who can and love running and they can get in “that zone” to where it’s relaxing to them to escape. One day I’m going to be one of those people. But I started with no endurance, so I started with interval training (walk 3, run 2, walk 3, run 2, etc) and eventually added a minute to the running time. I’m slowly getting to the place where I think I’ve found my pace and by breathing. And every day I run, I try to add another minute to the last longest time I ran straight.
  • Eating clean: Prepping my food ahead of time. When I get hungry, I crave the bad food. So I pace myself with small meals that are good for me and with protein. And trying to get your family to eat healthier too, so there’s not as much temptation. Logging what you eat helps you too. You can see what you are doing right and what you’re doing wrong. And you can take note and change it. 
  • Getting Educated: I want to know why I’m doing certain exercises and why I’m eating certain things. So I’m trying to read health orientated magazines (Women’s Health, Weight Watchers, etc) and blogs online geared to healthy lifestyles.
I'm proud to say that your girl has dropped 25 pounds so far!! :) If ya’ll have any pointers or tips, let me know! I’m learning as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have some feedback or comments? Go for it!